Putenv() & Getenv() Bug ?

David Tanguay datangua at watmath.waterloo.edu
Mon Feb 18 22:29:46 AEST 1991

In article <448 at bria> uunet!bria!mike writes:
|I don't believe that this is as system-specific as you would would like to
|believe.  I have not yet encountered a C library that didn't include these
|two _subroutines_ regardless of operating system.

The you've led a sheltered life :-)
I've seen several compilers without putenv on operating systems that don't
have environments. Both are easy to nop out, but any program that uses
putenv probably needs the proper semantics; getenv is more often used
to override program defaults.
--
David Tanguay            Software Development Group, University of Waterloo