uucp under VMS

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!mhtsa!harpo!presby!cmcl2!salkind utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!mhtsa!harpo!presby!cmcl2!salkind
Wed Jan 20 13:07:45 AEST 1982

We have uucp running under EUNICE.

Changes to uucp tend to fall into two categories:

1) code to handle VMS filename restrictions.  The 9 character name and
   three character extension do not sit well with uucp spool file names
   (D.cmcl1x002, etc.)
2) To avoid bringing VMS to its knees at higher baud rates, read's in
   the packet driver should be changed to sys$qio's.  This was done by
   wayne at lbl-unix.

We currently use uucp for mail and file copying to/from our various VMS
machines.  Typical traffic is about 2500 blocks a day.  You can get the
source by sending me a tape, although the stuff is not really in
distribution form (yet).

					Lou Salkind
					New York University/CMCL
					251 Mercer St.