3B1 for SALE

william.t.rankin brankin at cbnewsk.att.com
Wed Feb 27 06:18:27 AEST 1991

Hi 3B1 Gang!!!

Well, it's come time to part with my 3b1.  It's been a good, steady
workhorse of a machine, but I cannot justify having two Unix computers
at the same time.

AT&T 3B1 (aka the "ginsu" unix-pc)

	HARDWARE
	--------
        2Meg Motherboard
        67Meg CDC HardDrive (~1yr old - replaced Hitachi 40M)
	EIA/RAM Combo Board - unpopulated
	   - 2 Serial Ports - Tested both work.
	   - sockets for 1.5Meg - not tested.
        VIDPAL upgrade installed
	WD2010 installed

	SOFTWARE
	--------
	3.51 Base Package
	3.5 Developers
	3.5 Document Prep
        3.51m Fixdisk #2 + kernal objects
	Lots of Misc PD, GNU, and Berkley stuff
	MGR (but not the latest)
	Wordstart 2000 (original disks, includes docs)
        Enhanced Diagnostics

        DOCUMENTATION
	-------------
	Users Reference Manual
	Programmers Reference
	Programmers Guide
	Administrators Manual
	All other Misc Manuals
	   - Interface Spec, System Software Man., Communication Management,
	     Getting Started, Owners Manual, VDI Programmers Guide,
	     Personal Calendar Manual.
	Hardware Reference Manual (a $100 value)
	   - includes the s4bus spec.
	   - also John Miltons Hardware Notes 1-15
	Most of the MGR Docs. (if desired)
	GNU Emacs User Manual (if desired)

	EXTRA GOODIES
	-------------
	(2) 512K Motherboards (not working)
	   - originally planned on trying to get one working
	   - can be used for parts (spare 68010, WD1010, other controlers)
	Spare Keyboard (the one with menu insert above the top row)
	   - no mouse
	Original Packing Cartons. (Main unit and motherboards)

All of this can be yours for:

                        $1200.00 plus shipping.
			(call before midnight tonight!)

I will not unbundle the set unless I already have offers for the
other pieces.  So you can bid on the seperates, but if someone makes a
full offer on the whole kit, it's theirs.

If anyone has any questions about the unit, feel free to e-mail or call
me at home.  Note this article is posted from a different machine from
my e-mail address (although it should forward)

-bill rankin
wtr at bromo.att.com ( [known universe]!att!bromo!wtr )
(919) 563-8618    ( home: leave message )