How to fix "disk almost full" message

Jon H. LaBadie jon at jonlab.UUCP
Sun Mar 31 12:03:57 AEST 1991

In article <17298 at venera.isi.edu>, arens at ISI.EDU (Yigal Arens) writes:
> A week or so ago I asked for advice on how to get rid of that annoying
> "disk almost full" message that pops up in a window every few minutes
> when free disk space drops below 5%.
>
> There have been many responses, some posted, and many more mailed
> directly to me.

I've not seen what I think is the best solution.  Ignore the icon after
you first read it.  It is only there as a warning, and if you do not
read the message, smgr takes no further action.  Later when you free
up some space, then read the message.  Next time you see the icon you
are properly warned.  But I think the Empty-Full icon is sufficient
warning until I take action to free up space.

Jon

--
Jon LaBadie
{att, princeton, bcr, attmail!auxnj}!jonlab!jon