unix-pc rmgroup due next week

John R. MacMillan john at chance.UUCP
Thu May 16 15:38:20 AEST 1991

|I don't understand where this attitude is coming from... There was a VOTE
|and in keeping with that FORMAL vote, the old groups need to be removed.
|
|It is counterproductive to the goals and intents of the users of these
|groups that you, Mr. Becker, unilateraly decide (for no apparently good
|reason, by your admission) to throw a spanner in the work. RMGROUP THEM
|
|Please.
|
|Thank you. *sheesh*

I hate to sound like a shit-disturber, but don't forget, in spite of
voting guidelines and all that, Usenet is essentially an anarchy, and
if Bruce doesn't want to honour the rmgroup, well, so what?  That's
his prerogative as a sysadmin, and it doesn't ``throw a spanner in the
works'', unless a lot of people feel like he does, in which case the
group might as well be kept around for those people.

For my part, albeit with some sadness and feelings of nostalgia, I
will probably rmgroup the _first_ ``alternate'' Usenet hierarchy.  So
long, unix-pc.  It's been fun.