Failure of iswind()

Edward M. Markowski emm at iczer-1.UUCP
Wed May 29 11:43:34 AEST 1991

In article <1991May24.203238.7990 at sci.ccny.cuny.edu>, jeffrey at sci.ccny.cuny.edu (Jeffrey L Bromberger) writes:
| Just for fun, I tried the following command from my VAX to my
| ethernet'ted 3b1:
|
| % rsh notvax /usr/games/klondike
|
| Now, considering the fact that I'm not logged in on the console, this
| should fail.
|
| Any idea why all these games (klondike/mahjongg/rocks/bugs) all have
| this behavior?  Is it only seen when using the ethernet package?

This seems to be a problem an all of the ports.

The solution I have used for this problem is to make shure that the
major number of the control tty and /dev/window match, this seems
to work well.

Edward M. Markowski -- iczer-1 Administrator

VOICE : (201) 478-6052 home      ...the garage is flooded from the sprinkler.
        (201) 599-3298 work      It also left a man's decapitated body, lying
UUCP  : ..!uunet!iczer-1!emm     on the floor next to his own severed head.
 -or- : ..!tronsbox!iczer-1!emm  A head which at this time has no name.