Wanted:Info on a 3b2 9-track drive

authorplaceholder at tiger.UUCP.UUCP authorplaceholder at tiger.UUCP.UUCP
Tue Feb 17 09:10:00 AEST 1987

>Does anyone know of an existing IO card for a 3b2/300 or 3b2/400
>to interface to a 9-track tape drive?
>
>The official channels I've contacted tell me about one coming
>out sometime this year, however I was wondering if anyone out
>in net land knows of an "unofficial" interface card.

  The official channels probably should have told you that it has already
been released and is already in production.  The interface card they are
hinting at is the 195W circuit module which is a SCSI (small computer
systems interface) host adapter board.  The SCSI-HA circuit module, as the
name implies, allows the addition of certain SCSI-compatable peripheral
devices to the 3B2.
  I am unaware of any non-AT&T interface boards.

						Randy Davis
						3B2 Factory Systems Test
						3B2 Manufacturing Engineering
						ihnp4!3b2fst!randy