file transfer 3b2 -> pc6300+

hsc at mtuxo.UUCP hsc at mtuxo.UUCP
Tue Feb 10 08:08:54 AEST 1987

>I would like to transfer ascii text files between a 3b2 and a 6300+.
>Does anyone have any suggestions as to how this can be done?  I tried the
>telephone communication manager, but it drops some chars.  I have also
>tried to format a floppy on a 3b2, but it can't be read by the 6300.
>I have also tried to format  a floppy on the 6300, but it can't be read
>by the 3b2..... etc
The Telephone Manager should not drop characters at 1200 baud
on a no-protocol file transfer.  Perhaps you do not have
flow control turned on?  In particular, the 3B2 should be set
with "stty ixon -ixany".
You can get a umodem program (public domain or commercial)
for your 3B2 and use the Telephone Manager on the PLUS with that.
Or, you can use uucp at up to 4800 baud.
--
Harvey S. Cohen, AT&T Data Systems, Lincroft, NJ, mtuxo!hsc, (201)576-2485