GCC 1.20 on 3B1

aglew at urbsdc.Urbana.Gould.COM aglew at urbsdc.Urbana.Gould.COM
Fri Apr 29 01:02:00 AEST 1988

Thanks be to the folks who ported GCC 1.18 to the 3B1;
can anyone help me with the trivial problems I'm having with
1.20?

GCC 1.20 would not compile, because the large number of #defines
overflowed AT&T's cpp. So, I compiled GCC's CPP, by ifdeffing out
a lot of unecessary headers, and used it to compile (had to null
out the __STDC__ test in the binary, so that function prototypes
were not compiled in when using GCC's cpp with AT&T's cc.)

Am using tm-3b1.h -> tm.h, conf-hp9k320.h -> config.h (just to get
the bcopy's, etc.) and m68k-md -> md (I may have got the names
slightly wrong, but no problem).

Had to define SGS_3B1 when compiling this way.

Corrected a typo in tm-3b1.h -- the "short 0" after "swbeg" was
missing a newline.

Current problem is also with swbeg switch related code --
without SHS_3B1 it emits .set LI114,.+2, which is illegal --
the 3B! uses ~ instead of . for current location, but I haven't been
able to get that to work. With SGS_3B1 LI114 is emmitted explicitly,
but the expression L114-LI114 is evaluated on a (%pc,%dn) addressing
mode, which the assembler cries about.

Before I go any further, have I made a wrong turn somewhere in setting
up the environment for compiling GCC 1.20 on a 3B1?

aglew at gould.com