IDT Systems: SCSI Bus support for UNIX pc (product desc. -- *LONG*)

j eric townsend erict at flatline.UUCP
Mon Jul 18 02:33:42 AEST 1988

In article <778 at naucse.UUCP>, sbw at naucse.UUCP (Steve Wampler) writes:
> From article <428 at icus.UUCP>, by lenny at icus.UUCP (Lenny Tropiano):
> > Today I got in the mail the advertisement from IDT Systems, Inc in
> > Being kicked around in R&D as possibilities if there is enough interest
> > 	o  68020 coprocessor/accelerator card.
> > 	o  68881 math accelerator card.
> > 	o  Large bitmapped screen graphics card.
> How does one let them know that one is (thank you, Miss Manners) interested
> in one or more of the above if the prices are reasonable.  I'd be
> particularly interested in a combination 68020/68881 card, and
> a high-resolution/high-color bitmapped screen card.

Hear! Hear!

If somebody doesn't start making some add-ons and horsepower boosters
for the 3b1, I may have to get a different computer in a year or three....
Just because there'll be used Mac II's/Amiga 2000's w/ enough goodies
to make it worth changing over.

What I wouldn't give for a ~1200x900pixel color monitor and a
68020/881.

Which reminds me.  There's no way (as of yet) to go over 4Mb total
RAM, right -- 2Mb on the motherboard and 2Mb on a *single* card?

--
Skate UNIX or go home, boogie boy...
     [Obscure joke goes here]