CALLAN Unistar

Jonathan J. Jefferies jeff at wdl1.UUCP
Tue Jun 14 06:47:39 AEST 1988

I would like to get in touch with other users/owners of Callan computers.
Callan for those not knowledgeable of orphans was an early competitor of
sun producing 68000 unix based engineering workstations.  I am willing to
trade software/hardware (the former I have most of what was ever written
for the Callan including languages, data bases and utilities) while I am
getting knowledgeable of how to obtain and maintain the latter.
*  At present I have two Unistar 200's and one 300.  I have been modifying
the original kernal to accept new disks (i.e. other than the Micropolis)
and am willing to share experiences and information about this and other
kernal hacking.  I also am collecting a fair amount of source code
that I am trying to bring up on the Callan.
*  For others interested in cheap unix boxes there are several Callan
machines presently available with several versions of unix and I think
prices should  be in the range of$500.  Most of these
are engineering workstations and have a terminal display.
I can be reached at:
	jeff at wdl1
	(415) 852-4349 - Ford Aerospace
	(415) 865-9482 - (answering machine)