TeX for the 3b1

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.UUCP
Wed Jun 15 13:55:53 AEST 1988

In article <34 at gnosys.UUCP> gst at gnosys.UUCP (Gary S. Trujillo) writes:

|>Well, folks, I don't now and never have run TeX, but I am an incurable
|>packrat. Here's a slightly edited dump of what I happened to have lying
|>around on the subject.  Hope it helps!
|>
|>	Gary

... [ even editted more ] ...

|>From: rosalia at mozart.UUCP (Mark Galassi)
|>Subject: Re: 3b1 TeX (available via anonymous FTP)
|>
|>I got the package from Ed, and I am willing to make it available via
|>anonymous ftp from "noether.sunysb.edu".  Before I do that, I need to
|>know if anyone who uses UNIX PCs has arpanet access.  Please
|>send me mail if you have arpanet access and would like TeX for the
|>3B1; or if you have an estimate that lots of other UNIX PC owners
|>have this.

The TeX port is not up on FTP at noether.sunysb.edu because Mark is
on vacation in Italy until September.  I do have his copies of diskettes,
although I haven't had the chance to even copy them for myself.  Like
Gary said, TeX is big, and at icus disk space is quite limited lately.

I would check with Edward L. Hepler (elh at vu-vlsi.UUCP) since he was
making it available for users a while ago if you mailed him the disks,
$10 preparation fee, etc...  If this fails, I might be able to work
something similar... Try Ed first, then try me..

-Lenny

--
US MAIL  : Lenny Tropiano, ICUS Software Systems      IIIII  CCC U   U  SSS
           PO Box 1                                     I   C    U   U S