_AT&T 3B2/3B5 Driver Design Guide_ is *great*

John Young jgy at hropus.UUCP
Wed Mar 9 03:01:34 AEST 1988

Stephen Friedl writes:

>     I'd like to put in a plug for a really fantastic resource to
> you 3B people out there: The _AT&T 3B2 and 3B5 Driver Design
> Guide_.  This guide is packed with great info on your 3B2 and 3B5
> kernel.  Table of contents is:
>
>    .............. [ More details and praise deleted ] ..........
>
>     My document (Issue 1, Nov 1984) has has Comcode 305-495 and
> can be ordered from the AT&T Customer Information Center --
> that's their documentation hotline: their number is (800) 432-
> 6600.  They are not very friendly there but all you are doing is
> ordering books so what do you expect.  I think I paid $50 for
> this and has been worth many orders of magnitude more than that.

Anyone ordering this should probably also order:
	Comcode: 305-498

This is the Feb. 1986 addendum to the above mentioned guide.
As well as correcting some information in the origonal, it
also gives info. on writing device drivers for use on
PAGING (SVR3 and higher) systems which is totally absent from
the first release.

John Young

p.s.
Could someone outside of ATT& please acknowledge (via email please!)
seeing this article posted!  I'm not sure if my news feed is working
properly.  Thanks..... Maybe just people with a surname in the
first quater (i.e. Friedl) of the alphabet!  (I don't want a flood!)