Looking for tools.

Steve Alexander stevea at mcdclv.UUCP
Fri Sep 8 06:04:04 AEST 1989

----- News saved at 7 Sep 89 20:02:31 GMT
In article <5773 at pitt.UUCP> hoffman at cs.pitt.edu (Bob Hoffman) writes:
>>2) Since I have no desire to pay AT&T for mailx, what mailers do you use and
>>   recommend?
>
>AT&T mailx is really Berkeley Mail, which is not restricted by the AT&T
>source license,
	The mailx source in Release 3 has lots and lots of AT&T copyright
notices in it.  It may look and feel somewhat like Berkeley mail, but I
doubt that it is based on Berkeley source.  I would also be very
careful about copying *ANYTHING* from an AT&T distribution.

--
    Steve Alexander     | "Down, down in the basement, I hear the sound of
    MCD Cleveland       |  machines" - D. Byrne