WD2010 update

Gary S. Trujillo gst at gnosys.svle.ma.us
Wed Feb 21 06:18:32 AEST 1990

Sorry for the delay in making the following report.  I finally got
around to calling the people in Somerville who, it was reported,
have the WD2010 in stock.  When I asked about a discount, they guy
asked what sort of numbers I was talking about.  I said 40-50
(trying to sound optimistic :-), and he said $15.00 (which is the
retail price).  I asked what sort of quantity we'd need for a
discount, and he said their markup wasn't all that great, so
he really couldn't offer one.

I did ask about the model number, though, after getting a message
from Gil, who said the following in a recent message:

> One thing -- when you order the WD2010s, make sure that they're the
> WD2010B type (I think that's right .. one or both of us should check with
> Lenny, who probably does remember).

We checked with Lenny, who confirmed that it was the "B" type that
are best.  Here's what Gil says:

> ...These seem to be the more reliable of the bunch -- the reason I say
> more reliable is because I've heard of many people using WD2010 (anything)
> chips, and some work and some don't.  I haven't heard of a WD2010B
> failure yet...although that doesn't mean there hasn't been one.

Well, anyway, I asked the guy, and he said they have *only* WD2010A's. :-(

So, if you're interested, here's the info again:

	Solid State Sales
	P.O. Box 74
	Somerville, MA  02143

	Phone: 1-800-343-5230
	Phone: 1-617-547-7053

The total cost, including postage and handling is:

	$15.00	chip
	   .95  tax (I assume this is for Mass residents only)
	  1.60	postage & handling

	$17.55	total

He said they'd exchange any chips which turn out to be bad.

Gary
Gary S. Trujillo                              gst at gnosys.svle.ma.us
Somerville, Massachusetts                     {wjh12,spdcc,ima,cdp}!gnosys!gst