XT Layers for DMD/blit terminals (was: Re: Unix PC 3.51 smgr)

das13!dave dave at das13.UUCP
Mon Feb 19 12:08:36 AEST 1990

I have an AT&T 615 terminal and it is on tty000.  Anyway, I have no problems
running layers.  I haven't noticed any bugs or glitches in the past 2 1/2 years
of using the 615 w/layers.  I do know for a fact that layers will NOT run on
any type of port other than a direct connect tty port.  This info was also
confirmed by those wonderful(?) people at the AT&T Hotline.

As far as layers coming with the Development Set, I had to get a special disk
from my AT&T VAR to run layers.

DAS
--
David Snyder                            UUNET:  dave at das13.UUCP (das13!dave)
                                          CIS:  74216,232

The ideal situation is to have real computing power close at hand - right at    home. Something that dims streetlights and shrinks the picture on the neighbors TV when you crank it up.