Starlan term emulators under Windows 3?

Leslie Mikesell les at chinet.chi.il.us
Sat Apr 13 02:41:37 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr11.191057.25489 at cfctech.cfc.com> norm at cfctech.cfc.com (Norman J. Meluch) writes:
>les at chinet.chi.il.us (Leslie Mikesell) writes:
>{L} Are there any terminal emulators that will run under Windows 3.0
>{L} that will allow several simultaneous connections via Starlan to
>{L} different unix machines on the net?

>I do believe that the KERMIT.EXE that is supplied with the LAN
>on your attutil drive should be good for such a purpose.  If you
>run multiple copies of that emulator they are smart enough to
>keep separate name table entries for their business.  Admittedly
>six copies of kermit running is a bit RAM intensive, but it
>should work.

That's what I wanted to hear, but when I tried it a while back, I couldn't
switch out of a connected session with the <alt><tab>.  Now I just tried
it again and everything works fine.  I'm testing on someone else's
386 with Windows, so I don't know what has changed in the Windows setup.
Anyway, it looks like it can be done.  The screens don't appear to
update while you are switched out the way the unix virtual consoles
do, but they don't lose anything either (and unlike AT&T's 386
console, you can set the background color sensibly).  If anyone else
has tried multiple kermits with windows, maybe they can share the
setup tricks.

Les Mikesell
  les at chinet.chi.il.us