Trouble with telnetd

Derek Barnes guy at pyred.pyramid.com
Tue Dec 25 08:44:49 AEST 1990

--
> Christopher A. Rende  Central Cartage (Nixdorf/Pyramid/SysVR2/BSD4.3)

	Chris,

	I ran into a similar problem with some of our lab machines.
	The cause was not having the psuedo tty devices defined
	it the /etc/ttys file. Make sure you have ttyp?? entries
	enabled for login in /etc/ttys ( or /etc/inittab if you
	are using the ATT init/getty/login ).

	You will also want similar entries in /etc/ttytype.

		Regards,

			Derek Guy Barnes
			Senior Instructor
			Pyramid Technology