newcomers - graphics for chemical physics

BUG at campus.swarthmore.EDU BUG at campus.swarthmore.EDU
Wed Jan 18 03:02:00 AEST 1989

We are new to the mailing list, and would like to extend our greetings
and ask a general question concerning public domain or inexpensive
graphics packages for chemical modeling:  are there any?  Our interest
is in simulation of thermodynamic and transport properties in liquids and
porous solids.  We would like to use our own codes to generate configurations,
and would like to obtain some nice, menu driven, routines that will display
atoms, perhaps linked by bonds, with atomic coordinates read from our
routines in real time or from data files in some transparent way.  Any
advice from SG users on such routines would be much appreciated;  we
have a 4D/70 GE-38 with 8 MB of memory, and lots of disk space accessed
over a network.

              Amy Bug, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
              Swarthmore College, Swarthmore PA
              BUG at SWARTHMR,  BUG at CAMPUS.SWARTHMORE.EDU