Caps Lock/CNTL Key Fix has bug?

Trevor Paquette paquette at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Wed Jan 18 11:30:19 AEST 1989

  Awhile ago someone posted a fix to exchange the Caps lock/cntl
keys around. I took it and put it in a file called user.ps in
my home dir on a 4D/20. There is one problem with it. It works
just great when you first login, but after about 30 mins or
so the keyboard thinks that CNTL is ALWAYS down. This is also
in EVERY window on the workstation. I ca't get rid of it. I tried
pressing control and caps lock but to no avail.. anyone know
what gives?
      Here is the user.ps file to look over again.

    Trev

	{
		/CapsOn false def
		/ControlOn false def
		/eventhandler {
			dup /Action get
			exch /Name get
			{
			  28420 { % Caps Lock
				/DownTransition eq
				{ /ControlOn true def }
				{ /ControlOn false def } ifelse
			  }
			  28419 { % Control
				/DownTransition eq
				  { /CapsOn CapsOn not def } if
			  }
			} case
			2 CapsOn { /LampsOn } { /LampsOff } ifelse
			  keyboardcontrol
			CapsOn { 1 } { -1 } ifelse 4
			  adjustkeyboardshiftstate
			ControlOn { 1 } { -1 } ifelse 1