Window manager

Bates TAD/HRNAB ms294 x2601 blbates at AERO4.LARC.NASA.GOV
Tue Jan 24 23:35:05 AEST 1989

     I don't know if this will be any help, but, we have a 3130 and
for a while we had some similar problems with Mex.  Root could log
in and use Mex with no problems, however, if a normal user got on
and tried to use Mex it wouldn't let them.  I found out that the
permision status of the window devices in /dev (/dev/ttyw*) had been
changed, denying anyone, but root, from read and write permision.
I would change this, but the next time root used Mex, they would be
changed back. Finally, I added a line to the root .logout and that
fixed our problem.  Then line follows:

  chmod a+rw /dev/ttyw*

I hope this is of some use.
--