Updating directory views

Betsy Zeller betsy at vesuvius.esd.sgi.com
Tue Nov 21 06:52:22 AEST 1989

There is something very wrong with your workspace, if your directory views
are not staying *perfectly* up to date with your file system. Can you
please check a few things for me.
        1. Make sure that the new file is not appearing out of sight
        when you create it -- new files appear at the end of the directory
        view.

        2. do a ps -ef | grep fam, and see if anything comes up

        3. check the permissions on the directory that is giving you
        problems, and pass that information on to me

        4. Open a directory view on another directory, and see if you
        have the same kind of problem there.

        5. (Not that this should make any difference ) Is this directory
        NFS mounted?

Any information that you can send me will be appreciated. Please keep me
posted as to what you find out. The WorkSpace is supposed to accurately
track the filesystem, and up till now ( as far as I know ), it has been
doing so.

Betsy Zeller
betsy at sgi.com