Shells, NQS (Network Queueing System)

Kris Hampel umapy03 at cc.ic.ac.uk
Sat Jul 7 07:05:16 AEST 1990

Hi!,
  I have two questions:

  1) Shells:
     Has anyone ported or made available either ksh (the Korn shell) or tcsh
     (a nice extended csh with visual history and emacs-like key bindings)?

  2) NQS (Network Queueing System)
     We have a silicon graphics beast set up as a number-cruncher & are
     awaiting NQS for it (I believe it's in the post)

     Is the source code available? or (better for us) are there ports around
     for Ultrix and/or VMS?
     Has anyone experience of setting up NQS over a heterogenous network -
     how difficult is it likely to be?

Thanks,

Kris

Kris Hampel,	Solid State Theory Group, Physics, Imperial College.
		=====> kris at sst.ph.ic.ac.uk <=====