Info wanted on 4D/20

Bill Silvert silvert at cs.dal.ca
Sun Sep 23 22:43:36 AEST 1990

In article <9009221949.AA01759 at mcirps2.med.nyu.edu> karron%CMCL2.NYU.EDU at cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:
>>Before you buy a PI, take a close look at the IBM RISC System/6000 Model 320.
>>CPU speed is much much faster.
>
>How does the IBM RISC System/6000 Model 320
>compare to the newer 4d35 PI machines ?

Maybe my original question wasn't clear.  I can't afford an IBM or a 4D/35.
I can't even afford a 4D/25 (which would be fast enough for me).  I can
afford a 4D/20 and asked about its performance.

The budget is fixed because my organisation works that way.  I simply
cannot go overbudget.  So if anyone can answer my original query it
would be appreciated (I got one answer so far).

--
William Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division, Bedford Inst. of Oceanography
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2.  Tel. (902)426-1577
BITNET=bill%biomel%dalcs at dalac	InterNet=bill%biomel at cs.dal.ca