Graphics

Michael Portuesi portuesi at tweezers.esd.sgi.com
Mon Feb 11 20:16:27 AEST 1991

> I probably should have described the problem I would like to solve
> in better detail: I have sgi image files obtained from icut and I
> would like to put annotation (lettering and arrows) on the image
> so that I can use it for slides and publications.  I had intended to
> try tiff with some PC programs, but the tiff files are large and
> I am not sure which programs will work.  Has anyone solved this problem?
> Would MacPaint be better (or any Mac program for that matter)?

You may be interested in Showcase, SGI's new "visual presentation
tool."  Showcase provides image, text and drawing features that allow
you to create slides and presentations -- in fact, it was created
primarily for that purpose.  It also has basic desktop publishing
features and can directly include 3D models into documents.  For
information about how you can order a copy, call our customer support
line.

I apologize in advance if this message sounds too commercial; I just
wanted to point out that there's no need to use a Mac or a PC for this
application. :-)

m.

--
__
\/  Michael Portuesi   Silicon Graphics, Inc.   portuesi at sgi.com

"Never forget what gossips men are, and how they love to feel
 superior to so-and-so who `is having trouble with his wife.'"

	--Nina Fischer, "How to Help Your Husband Get Ahead"
	part of the Amy Vanderbilt Success Program for Women