putting a bit of life into those dreary dogfights

Michael K. Kibler mkibler at yoda.eecs.wsu.edu
Thu Jun 20 00:32:13 AEST 1991

One of the systems we had purchased "used" had the source code to
dog on it. We assumed it was distributed with the system and
began to hack on it locally. We have since found out that it was
not supposed to be on the system and deleted it. But before we
did, we had made a number of modifications to the code to
include:

   1. Missile View - When a missile is fired, a window is displayed showing
      what the missile sees as it flys.

   2. Tracking View - When you lock onto an aircraft, a window pops up
      showing the aircraft closeup.

   3. Radar Enhancements - Zoom In/Out

   ...many more...

   I hope the new version has the above modifications implemented.

   It was fun while it lasted. All of the source code has
   been deleted. The only program that remains is a dog killer program
   I wrote which will kill all of the old broadcast type dog fights on
   the net. Actually dog will kill itself based on what it receives in the
   command packet.
--
 ---- Mike  ( ~~ Radiosity is more than just heat! )
 Michael K. Kibler        INTERNET:  mkibler at eecs.wsu.edu
 Elect/Compt. Engr. Dept. UUCP    :  ...uunet!eecs.wsu.edu!mkibler