stty/sgtty in IRIX

Loki Jorgenson loki at NAZGUL.PHYSICS.MCGILL.CA
Wed May 22 13:04:22 AEST 1991

	Here's a question for SGI types:  I have several times contemplated
building some of the communications packages we use on our SUNs such as
LWkit, a PostScript printer spooler, UW and MacLayers, multi-window
emulators for serial-line connected Macs, etc.

	However, these packages require BSD sgtty calls.  I have noted
the existence of <sgtty.h> and I wondered if there is any intention
to support these calls.  Or whether this include is there only to taunt
people like me.

	Alternately, is anyone familiar with the process of translating
sgtty-based programs to ioctl-based?  Would anyone like to do me a
favour?  I especially need the spooler.  Its pretty simple actually.

	Please, no one suggest that lpsched should be adequate.  I need
to use the BSD lpd for local consistency.

Regards,
Loki Jorgenson              / / _ _ _ _ _ \ \  node:  loki at Physics.McGill.CA
Grad/Systems Manager       /_/_/_/_/ \_\_\_\_\ BITNET: PY29 at MCGILLA
Physics, McGill University \ \ \_\_\_/_/_/ / / fax:   (514) 398-3733
Montreal Quebec CANADA      \_\_         _/_/  phone: (514) 398-7027

                      -*  Anatomically  correct  *-