stty/sgtty in IRIX

Eric A. Pearce eap at bu-it.bu.edu
Tue May 28 03:57:59 AEST 1991

I've found the SunOS 4.x man page for TTCOMPAT(4) pretty helpful
when doing this sort of thing.

I managed to get Transcript 2.1 compiled under IRIX 3.x without much
trouble,  I found it preferable to one SGI sells since it's the 'BSD'
instead of the 'SYSV' version.

I used the supplied "troff" for the "ditroff" that Transcript expects.

We had a locally hacked version of the Tahoe lpd, but only for printing
remotely.   It looks like IRIX 4.0 has a Berkeley version.   We still
don't have any directly connected postscript printers.