sun 3/60 rebooting

Ray E Saddler III ssc-vax!ray3rd at beaver.cs.washington.edu
Wed Apr 26 12:13:14 AEST 1989

The symptoms you provided really don't shed too much light on what may be
the case of your problem, however, a few items that came to mind [in
arriving order] are:

- Check the quality of power feeding your machines.  Although I'm
  not real familiar with the failsafe of color 3/60's, I imagine
  that if the power is not real pure or up to required voltage, the
  system may be dieing due to the lack of oxygen ?^)

- Take a serious at the processes you have running (ps lax) and look
  each and determine if there are any cpu hogs or unusual
  activities.

- Review the way the users use their systems to do business.  Most
  often, if there is a trend in many of our CAD machines locking up
  for no apparent reason, I have the users give me a reconstruction
  of events that happened just before the system demise.

Let us know your findings, this sounds like a twilight zone script!

Good luck!

--
Ray E. Saddler III       |    __  __ __       __ |          UseNet
Boeing Aerospace         |   / / / //   //| //   | uw-beaver!ssc-vax!ray3rd