So who's right?

apple!motcsd!dms!shepperd at decwrl.dec.com apple!motcsd!dms!shepperd at decwrl.dec.com
Tue Apr 4 09:00:11 AEST 1989

So what's the deal? Is X11 included in or distributed with SUN O/S 4.0 or
not? Seems like the marketing blurbs say it has X now but the Sun sales
crew is telling me not until late summer. It appears from some of the
comments on the net that there are a number of sites running X on Suns
(any of them 386i's?).

If I bought a 386i now, would I have to get an X11 tape from MIT? If so,
how long would it take to get that X to work (or at least work the same as
it does on non-Sun systems)? Should I wait until late summer? Should I
forget the 386i and get a 3/60 instead (we have a VERY limited budget and
the 386i/150 is cheaper than a 3/60).

Please E-mail replies. Thanks in advance.
--

Dave Shepperd.	    shepperd at dms.UUCP or weitek!dms!shepperd
Atari Games Corporation, Sycamore Drive, Milpitas CA 95035.