Opening a second window

Jay Williamson jaysun at eng.clemson.edu
Tue Aug 22 07:54:34 AEST 1989

In article <2835 at ssc-vax.UUCP> ssc-vax!dmg at beaver.cs.washington.edu (David Geary) writes:
>I open a window (window #1) under SunView using window_create(), and then
>a subsequent call to window_main_loop().  If I detect certain events in
>the window, I want another window to open (window #2), and receive events
>in the new window.  When a certain event occurs in window #2, I close the
>window, and want to start getting events in window #1 once again.

Try creating your second window (or third, fourth, etc..) at the same time
you create your original but set
      WIN_SHOW, FALSE
When you want to see the second window just set
      WIN_SHOW, TRUE
When you want to get rid of the window just set
      WIN_SHOW, FALSE
again

Good luck
Jay Williamson            Engineering Computer Operations
jaysun at eng.clemson.edu    Clemson University
|  "A conclusion is the place were you got tired          |
|        of thinking."                                    |
|                                 --Arthur Block          |
Jay Williamson    <jaysun at eng.clemson.edu>