3d Sun Raster File

Michael.Mauldin at nl.cs.cmu.edu Michael.Mauldin at nl.cs.cmu.edu
Sun Feb 19 13:48:37 AEST 1989

File 3d.sun is a 640 by 480 8bit color image in Sun rasterfile format
created by Gary Sherwin and Michael Mauldin of Westinghouse R&D Center
in Pittsburgh.  To view the image, cover your left eye with a green
filter and your right eye with a red filter.  For added effect, walk
back and forth as you view the image.

The image was created using Digi-View 3.0 software on an Amiga 1000.
The Digi-View manual describes how to create 3d images (store separate
views in the red and green color planes).  This image was taken with a
stationary camera by tilting the subject slightly between exposures.

Share and enjoy!

Michael L. Mauldin (Fuzzy)		School of Computer Science
ARPA: Michael.Mauldin at NL.CS.CMU.EDU	Carnegie Mellon University
Phone: (412) 268-3065			Pittsburgh, PA  15213-3890

[[ Hey Becky:  where'd we put those 3-D glasses?  I have placed this file
in the archives under "sun-source" (although it really doesn't belong
there).  It is a whopping 308000 bytes long.  If you don't have FTP
access, I'm afraid that you're out of luck for now.  If you do, it can be
retrieved via anonymous FTP from the host "titan.rice.edu" as
"sun-source/3d.sun".  Don't forget to set the transfer type to "image"!
When (if) I get some time, I'll uuencode it and split it so that
non-Internet types can retrieve it via the archive server.  (By the way,
Becky is my wife.)  --wnl ]]