Repost: Dbx and Dbxtool Interface Summary

Robert Side rside at uvicctr.UUCP
Wed Feb 15 04:31:07 AEST 1989

This is a modified repost. I forgot to say where to get the technical
report from. In a very short summary, the technical report can be ordered
from your sun representative.  [[ I can't find the original post.  Sorry
if this mostly a duplicate.  --wnl ]]

A short while ago I asked the following

>I need some help on how dbx and dbxtool communicate.
>Can somebody send me, or tell me where to find, the information
>on the protocol between dbx and dbxtool.

The answer to this question is get the following techincal report: "Dbx
and Dbxtool Interfaces" by Steven Muchnick. This report is available from
your sun representative.  It will probably take a couple of days for it to
be ordered.

The report is slightly out of date.  It contains syntax for the symbol
table entries and the protocol used for the communication between dbx and
dbxtool.

Again *Thanks* to all those who responded.

Rob

--
Robert Side <rside at uvunix.UVic.ca>
UUCP:	...!{ubc-vision,uw-beaver,ssc-vax}!uvicctr!rside
BITNET:	rside at uvunix.bitnet