Sun <==> IBM PC & Sun <==> Macintosh

Gil Porat pyramid!sri-unix!gil at decwrl.dec.com
Fri Mar 10 15:10:44 AEST 1989

I have some "connectivity" questions with which I would appreciate any
help.

We have a lab-wide (thick) ethernet with ten Suns currently attached, and
we would like to allow our IBM pc's and compatibles to be able to access
and transfer files via the ethernet.  Ideally, we would like to have NFS
for DOS so that our pc's can mount our fileservers' filesystems.

We also want to do a similar thing with our Macintoshes.  Is the GatorBox
all we need?

So my questions are...

1) Who provides hardware/software solutions for the above connection schemes?

2) What are the pros and cons of the particular solutions?

	thanks,
		Gil Porat