questions on network gateways

Paul Davis davis at scrsu1.sdr.slb.com
Tue Mar 14 21:14:05 AEST 1989

This is not really for Sun-Spots, but if its answered, I won't have to
trouble this forum again on similar matters ...

Does anyone know:

	1) if there are any gateways between the Internet and BIX
		and/or CompuServe ?

	2) if there is anyway to send messages to Usenet news boards
		without actually being on Usenet ?

your expertise is appreciated,

Paul

                             Paul Davis at Schlumberger Cambridge Research
                                <davis%scrsu1%sdr.slb.com at relay.cs.net>

[[ (1):  I doubt that there are any official ones.
   (2):  Have someone who is on Usenet do it (example:  everything sent
         out in a Sun-Spots digest is also posted to comp.sys.sun.  A good
         percentage of Sun-Spots readers are not on Usenet).  --wnl ]]