Problem with creating users with SNAP

Michael H. Morse mmorse at z.nsf.gov
Thu Mar 30 17:15:55 AEST 1989

I am having a problem with SNAP in that it no longer will create a user.
I am running on the master yellow page server.  The message I receive is
as follows:

   The program cannot prepare changes to this user's
   entries in the Yellow Pages database.

I have tried a complete rebuild of the YP databases as suggested in the
release notes for 4.0.1.  (I am running 4.0.2 pre-release.) The manual
method described in 386i Advanced Administration and modified in the Admin
release notes works just fine, so I know there's nothing obviously wrong
with the data in YP.

Has anybody seen this problem and solved it?

--Mike

Michael Morse                           Internet: mmorse at note.nsf.gov
National Science Foundation               BITNET: mmorse at NSF
                                       Telephone: (202) 357-7659