followup: 3/60 rebooting randomly

Steve Elias eli at chipcom.com
Thu Mar 30 20:17:28 AEST 1989

thanks to all those who responded.  apparently, many folks have had random
reboot problems.  things to watch out for:  static, and power brownouts or
spikes on the AC power line.

i had begun to suspect power problems when our two 3/60s rebooted at the
exact same instant.  another time:  a guy touched a Marathon Bridge (802.3
to 802.4 bridge) in my office -- slight static discharge -- my machine
rebooted.

we are going to try to find some good surge protecters.  the 3/60 i am
using now has been less prone to these power problems.  its AC power is
coming from a double daisy-chained power strip!  perhaps the surge
protectors in power strips really do something useful.

Steve Elias
(eli at spdcc.com) ---> forwarded to (eli at chipcom.com)
voice mail: 617 239 9406
work phone: 617 890 6844