Software support? Who needs it. (was Re: END of file test in F77)

David L. Markowitz felix!arcturus!dav at hplabs.hp.com
Wed May 24 04:03:55 AEST 1989

> In article <970 at draken.nada.kth.se>, larsa at spirit (Lars Andersson) writes:
> It seems to me that news about bugfixes etc should be distributed by
> software companies (such as SUN) to license holders, _without_ users
> having to prompt the support people for this.

There are always the quarterly bug lists (previously distributed with the
Software Tecghnical Bulletins).  They frequently have work-arounds or
fixes.  How many people actually READ them, though?  I use mine as a
reference: Found a new bug?  Look it up!

	David L. Markowitz		Rockwell International
	...!sun!sunkist!arcturus!dav	dav at arcturus.UUCP
	The above opinions are merely that, and only mine.