LaserWriter *NTXII*

Chuck Musciano chuck at trantor.harris-atd.com
Thu May 11 21:09:43 AEST 1989

> In all the discussion I hoped to see something about the new LaserWriter
> NTXII.  Is anybody using this new LaserWriter at higher than 9600 Baud and
> how do you have the Sun setting the higher baud rate.

Any LaserWriter can be sent to a desired baud rate with the little utility
provided in the TranScript package.  In the misc/etc directory, you'll
find setscc.ps, which sets the serial communications controller.  Change
the "19200" to whatever you want, and send it to the printer.  Then,
change your printcap "br" parameter to match the desired baud rate.
Voila!

If you don't have TranScript, you'll need to write a little bit of
PostScript which opens the statusdict and uses the sccbatch command to
modify the baud rate.  See the PostScript reference manual for more info.

Chuck Musciano			ARPA  : chuck at trantor.harris-atd.com
Harris Corporation 		Usenet: ...!uunet!x102a!trantor!chuck
PO Box 37, MS 3A/1912		AT&T  : (407) 727-6131
Melbourne, FL 32902		FAX   : (407) 727-{5118,5227,4004}