VT100 Emulation software

David L. Kensiski 929-8844 sacto!mmsac!cygnus!david at sun.com
Thu May 11 13:51:14 AEST 1989

There are two vt100 packages that come to mind immediately.  One I've used
and am somewhat familiar with, the other I've just heard about.

The one I've used is Sun's vt100tool.  It seems to perform reliable vt100
emulation (although I've never tried it on a Vax, lucky me) and does allow
you to map the vt100 PF and numeric keys to the Sun keyboard.  Naturally,
you would contact your favorite Sun rep for it.

The other package is a PD program available from the Rice University
archive sun-source.  It is called vttool, but that's about all I know
about it.  The sun-source index lists it:

	52602 Mar 22 1988 vttool.shar.1
	28014 Mar 22 1988 vttool.shar.2
		A tool that faithfully emulates a VT100.

To learn how to use the Rice archiver, send a message containing the word
"help" to archive-server at titan.rice.edu.  The server will send you a
message explaining how to use it.

Hope this helps.

David L. Kensiski                          1772 Tribute Road
Martin Marietta Data Systems               Sacramento, CA 95815
UUCP: uunet.uu.com!mmsac!david             VOICE: (916) 929-8844
UUCP: sun.com!sacto!mmsac!david