Partitioning 892Mb disks?

"Hugh_Messenger.EuroPARC" at xerox.com "Hugh_Messenger.EuroPARC" at xerox.com
Wed May 17 02:22:03 AEST 1989

I'm due to install a 4/280 with 2 * 892Mb disks this week.  Has anyone
come across any non obvious limitations or things-I-should-know about
partitioning these beasts?  I'm thinking primarily about any restrictions
on maximum partition size (like how many bits long is the block count, ie.
will I have to use > 1K blocks if I have 800Mb partitions?).  Is it
sensible to have 800Mb partitions?  I only really want two partitions, usr
and home (plus obviously swap and root).  What is the optimum swap swap
size for an 8Mb 4/280?  Etc etc etc.  Any comments or suggestions welcome
..

Ten tons of flax,

   -- Hugh