sun 3/60 rebooting

Dave Collier-Brown dave at lethe.UUCP
Mon May 8 23:59:14 AEST 1989

jns at meridian.com (Jerry N Sweet) writes:
>The same thing happens to me on my color 3/60 workstation.  It is
>incredibly annoying.  ANY sort of power glitch, low current, vacuum
>cleaners being run on the same circuit, anything like that, aggravate the
>problem.

Some older 3/50's (dimple-tops) were wont to behave the same way.  One of
our customers once has a system which tended to reboot spontainiously
(sp?) at 10, 12, 1 and 3. The server usually stayed up, but one or the
other client went west.

Once they got the glitches from the elevators (!) out of the power lines,
the systems died much less often.

--dave

--
David Collier-Brown,  | {toronto area...}lethe!dave
72 Abitibi Ave.,      |  Joyce C-B: