ie1 causes 'spurious level 3 interrupts'

George Young young at ll-vlsi.arpa
Tue May 9 00:13:34 AEST 1989

I have just installed a second ethernet interface in our sun3/180, SunOS-3.5.
When I try to bring it up with ifconfig, I get a zillion messages:
	'spurious level 3 interrupt'
and have to hit break and reboot.  The configuration is:
	slot 1	CPU
	slot 7	xy450
	slot 8	xy451
	slot 9	scsi board for cartridge tape
	slot 11 ethernet board ie1 (multibus board VME adapter).

I removed the backplane jumpers 3 and 4 for slots 10 and 11 according to
the Hardware Installation Manual.   The multibus-VME adaptor is a
501-1054-04 rev P which is supposed to be ok sharing P2 bus with the CPU.

Help!

George Young,  Rm. B-141		young at ll-vlsi.arpa
MIT Lincoln Laboratory			young at vlsi.ll.mit.edu
244 Wood St.
Lexington, Massachusetts 02173		(617) 981-2756