SCSI terminators on SPARCStations

Matt Jacob mjacob at sun.com
Mon Oct 16 07:53:52 AEST 1989

For SparcStation-1, the following is true (to my knowledge):

	* There are a set of terminators internally on the CPU board.
	  As they are soldered in, removal seems to be contraindicated.

	* The internal drives are on stub cables, and should *not*
	  be terminated.

	* All external devices should be unterminated *except* for the
	  last in the chain.

	* Lunchboxes (Personal Disk Packs (PDP) and Personal Backup Packs (PBP)
	  may or may not come with the small cable external terminator. I can't
	  remember whether we decided to include them (I hope so).

	* P-boxes (ECD expansion shoebox- disk && tape) comes with the large
	  SCSI cable external terminator.