Serial boards for 386i - info wanted

Steve Adams mfci!adams at yale.edu
Tue Sep 19 22:14:21 AEST 1989

In article <1217 at brazos.Rice.edu> wcs at ho95c.att.com (William Clare Stewart) writes:

>We just got a Sun 386i, and would like to add a couple serial ports.
>Rather than buying an expensive N-port card, we'd like to use  the
>standard PC-bus serial cards we have around.  The Sun comes with
>instructions for using them from DOS (worked fine), but we want to use
>them from UNIX so we can do things like uucp.  Does anyone have a driver
>that supports them?  Thanks;

We purchased a Digiboard Com/4i for our 386i.  It supports 4 9600 baud serial
ports and the driver appears to be clean enough.  We have used it for dial-in
logins and uucp.  The installation was quite easy, and the configuration is
done by a shell script that asks various questions and then installs the
driver with the proper switches.

The board was purchased new for around $300.

If you need more info, give me a call at 203/488-6090.

Steve Adams                           All disclaimers apply here.....
adams at multiflow.com
uunet!mfci!adams                      AuH2O *IS* the Republican Solution!