Disk Quotas

Joe Smith jms at tardis.tymnet.com
Sat Apr 14 14:45:45 AEST 1990

In article <6631 at brazos.Rice.edu> hugh at slee.srl.ford.com writes:
>Disk quotas for smith (uid 103):
>Filesystem     usage  quota  limit    timeleft  files  quota  limit    timeleft
>/home              6  20000  21000                  0      0      0
>
>Smith does own all the files in this account, about 12703 blocks.

It means that only 6K bytes of files have been created by smith since the
quota system was enabled.  When you first gave smith a quota using
edquota, he had 0 blocks used, since the quota daemon had not been
informed of smith's current usage.

You need to run /usr/etc/quotacheck after creating a quota for a user that
did not have a quota when the system was last rebooted.  Note that /etc/rc
runs quotacheck.

Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: jms at tardis.tymnet.com or jms at gemini.tymnet.com
BT Tymnet Tech Services | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms
PO Box 49019, MS-C41    | BIX: smithjoe | 12 PDP-10s still running! "POPJ P,"
San Jose, CA 95161-9019 | humorous dislaimer: "My Amiga speaks for me."