3rd party disks for SLC's

Ramsey, Susanne ramsey at lll.llnl.gov
Wed Jun 13 05:06:09 AEST 1990

I figure that SLC's have been out long enough that I can get some good
information from the net.  Our division is considering purchasing SLC's
for many of our users.  We want to make them "dataless" clients, with page
and swap on a local disk.  My question/problem is: Which disks?  Some
folks want 3rd party because they are less expensive; but I wonder if in
the long term it is not better to go with a SUN made disk.

I would like to hear your comments in support of either way. Also if you
have a favorite please send me info such as the manufacturer, sales rep,
phone number and cost.

By the way, we are considering 104MB disks but if you have arguments for
larger I'd also like to hear those.

Please respond directly to me and I will summarize if there is enough
interest.

Thanks to all.
Susanne (YES that's with an "s" not a "z")

Susanne Barbera-Ramsey		Lawerence Livermore National Laboratory
Internet: ramsey at lll.llnl.gov	7000 East Ave. L-630
(415) 423-9530			Livermore Ca 94550