Sun Education Classes - not for emacs users

Robert Maul maul at asic.nsc.com
Thu Jun 28 06:10:20 AEST 1990

I just got the new summer/fall catalogue of Sun classes.  As usual they
say you must know vi or use textedit to take their class.  This is because
they sell some version of emacs to customers who do not know about GNU
Emacs and the fact that it is better and 100% cheaper.

When I took a Sunview class there a few years ago I brought my own copy of
emacs on a cartridge tape and installed it on the account they gave me.

I suggest that everyone taking a class at Sun who wants to use emacs do
the same.  I copied my executable from our /usr/local/bin area and when I
installed and ran it at sun, emacs could not find /usr/local/lib/emacs.

So be sure to build emacs and install it on your own account using
relative path name before you go to Sun.  That's all I had to say.  Please
do not make any replies to me directly.

rob maul at asic.nsc.com