PCNFS lifeline mail popd fails on Sun 4 & SunOS 4.1.1

Webster Dove rocket!dove at uunet.uu.net
Sat Jan 5 13:34:49 AEST 1991

We seem to have encounted some problems with PC-NFS lifline mail. We had
been running it happily for a couple years.  When we switched from a
Sun-3/SunOS 4.0.3 to a Sun-4/SunOS 4.1.1 it detects that new mail is
available, but when you type 'N' to retrieve it it says "unable to connect
to server".  PCNFS file transfer seems fine though.

Anybody heard of this bug?  I suspect that the executable has a Sparc
specific flaw or something.

Dr. Webster Dove                                Lockheed Sanders Inc.
  (usenet)      ...!uunet!rocket!dove		phone (603) 885-9163
  (internet)    <dove at rocket.sanders.com>	fax   (603) 885-0631