format.dat for Miniscribe 9380S

glass at soda.berkeley.edu glass at soda.berkeley.edu
Sat Jan 26 06:01:18 AEST 1991

I need a format.dat entry for a Miniscribe 9380S (thats the scsi version
of the 9380).  Also does anybody run an archive of format.dat entries?
Lists of disk parameters are not helpful unless there is a formula for
figuring out how many data cylinders vs physical cylinders given such
information.  Will summarize.

Also, I tried formatting the disk using the Micropolis 15xx entry that
matches the Miniscribe for technical specs and apparently have made a
mess.  Among other things: There may be a partial label on the disk though
format says not, the defect list has apparently been squished and when I
go to format the disk with the Micropolis entry it dies on 0/0/3 with a
media sense error or something similar.

Any ideas on how to extricate myself from this mess?

Adam Glass                           |Internet: glass at soda.Berkeley.EDU
various roles at Berkeley	     |UUCP: !ucbvax!soda!glass